Key Staff at Woodlands
Mental Health First Aiders
As with physical health needs, we have specially trained staff in school to support with mental helath needs, offering mental health first aid where needed. Both Miss Humble and Mrs Reid are Mental Health First Aiders, having completed comprehensive training with Mental Health First Aid England.
Having undertaken taken the Two Day MHFA course both Miss Humble and Mrs Reid have had additional training to:
- Understand the important factors affecting mental ill health
- Identify the signs and symptoms for a range of mental health conditions
- Use ALGEE to provide Mental Health First Aid to someone experiencing a mental health issue or crisis
- Listen non-judgementally and hold supportive conversations using the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Signpost people to professional help, recognising that the role of a Mental Health First Aider does not replace the need for ongoing support.
It’s important to remember that MHFA England courses do not teach people to be therapists or counselors and do not teach people how to diagnose mental health conditions or provide ongoing support. Instead, their role is to act as a point of contact and reassurance for a person who may be experiencing a mental health issue or emotional distress.
Our Mental Health and Wellbeing lead governor is Mrs Woodall.
If you have any queries or concerns around the Mental Health and Wellbeing of your child or wider family member please do not hesitate to call in and see us in school at any time where we can offer support and advice.