At Woodlands we are proud to be working towards achieving The Healthy School's Award
What is a Healthy School?
A Healthy School:
- Is one that promotes physical, social, emotional and mental health and helps equip children, staff and families with the skills and attitudes to make informed decisions about their health.
- Is successful in supporting pupils to do their best and build on their achievements; it is committed to ongoing improvement and development.
- Recognises the importance of investing in health and wellbeing to assist in the process of raising children and young people's achievement levels.
- Involves the whole school community, parents, governors, staff and pupils in improving children's health, wellbeing and happiness, helping them to get the most out of life.
Aiming for Brozne
We are currently working towards our bronze award. To achieve this, we are working hard to prove how we met the following criteria:
- The school provides clear leadership to create and manage a positive environment, which enhances emotional and physical health and well-being in school.
- The school has the following policies which are reflected in practice and through ethos, culture and the environment. They are reviewed by consultation every three years.
- The school curriculum includes these areas of learning which are monitored and evaluated to ensure the quality of teaching and learning: PSHE education, healthy eating, physical activity and emotional healthy and wellbeing.
- The school ethos, culture and environment promote emotional and physical health and wellbeing. The school involves all children and young people in decision-making.
Have a look at some of the ways we're doing this...