Choosing a school for your child is an important decision for you and your family.
You are welcome to make an appointment to come and visit the Academy at any time to look around and meet the staff.
Please contact Michelle Scholes in the office to arrange a visit.
Admission to Nursery Class
Government funding for free Early Years Education is available for 15 hours a week for all children from January, September or April following their 3rd birthday.
30 hour funded places are available for working parents who meet the government criteria. Any additional sessions (including lunchtime additional hours) are charged at £3 per hour. All fees are payable in advance.
Nursery application forms are available from the main office- 0161 369 5698
Arrangements for admission at age 4 (Reception Class)
The academy trust plans to offer 45 places at age 4.
This will be the admission number for the academy (AN).
- Arrangement for applications for places at Woodlands Primary Academy will be made in accordance with Oldham Local Authority coordinated admission arrangements, as published on the LA’s website: www.oldhamprimaryadmissions.co.uk or by telephoning 0161 770 4213.
- In order to be eligible for a place parents must make Woodlands Primary Academy one of their three choices in the local authority primary common application form (PCAF), supplied by their home Local Authority and return it as instructed by the Local Authority. Please note that this is now an online ONLY form within the Oldham Local Authority.
- If the number of preferences received is less than the AN then all preferences will be met.
- If there are more applications than places available at the academy the oversubscription criteria will be applied.
- It is very important that the form is returned by the closing date because forms received after this date will be treated as ‘late’. Late applications are not dealt with until all those received on time have been through the application process.
In year admissions
In year applications are those made during the school year for the normal year of admission and those made for admission to age groups other than the normal year of admission.
Applications for in year admissions should be made directly to the academy. Parents are requested to use the Oldham ICAF, these are available from the academy. If your child has an EHCP please do not complete the ICAF. Please contact your child’s special educational needs caseworker to discuss a change of school.
If there are places available
We will send out a letter to a parent/carer within 10 days of the application being received (unless it is during a school holiday), giving a decision to offer a place at the Academy.
The offer letter will include an include an admissions meeting date. At this meeting we will assist in completion of admissions paperwork and agree a start date with parents/carers.
If there are no places available
If there are no places available, we will write to you saying that we cannot offer your child a place with us and asking whether you would like us to add your child’s name to our waiting list.
The Governing Body will use the oversubscription criteria and procedures outlined in the Academy Admissions Policy to rank unsuccessful applicants in a waiting list so that further places may be offered if they become available.